Fetish/kink contest weekend for gay men to be held February 2015 in St Petersburg, Florida
(Oct 18, 2014) Asbury, NJ — The Drummer North America (DNA) organization today announced the panels of judges for the inaugural DNA 2015 contests. DNA executive producer Rik Newton-Treadway read the announcement at New Jersey Leather Weekend in Asbury, New Jersey. DNA weekend will be held the holiday weekend of February 12–16, 2015 at the Flamingo Resort in St Petersburg, Florida. The holiday Monday is President’s Day in the US and a provincial holiday in most of Canada.
DNA weekend will feature three fetish contests for gay men: Drummer, Drummerboy and Drummer Bootblack. The contests will be open to gay-identified, biological and trans men in the fetish/kink communities, who are residents of Canada, United States and Mexico.
The panel of judges for the Drummer and Drummerboy 2015 contests will include:
- Sir Dale Breunig, International LeatherSIR 2002, of Charlottesville, Virginia;
- Andy “CosmicRoo” Coatham, Mr International Rubber 2014, of Toronto, Ontario;
- Aaron Duke, American Leatherman 2013, of West Hollywood, California;
- Shae Flanigan, Ms Sanctuary Leather 2014, of Los Angeles, California;
- Jose Gutierrez, International Leatherboy 2002, of Washington, DC;
- Mark S Greene, International Drummerboy 2001, of Phoenix, Arizona;
- Vi Johnson, Carter/Johnson Leather Library & Collection, of Newburg, Indiana;
- Sir Marc Paquet-Decker, Mr Spearhead 2008, of Toronto, Ontario; and,
- Sir George Saltzman, International LeatherSIR 2013, of Phoenix, Arizona.
The panel of judges for the Drummer Bootblack 2015 contest will include:
- Sir Thom Butts, Northwest LeatherSIR 2009, of Portland, Oregon;
- Boi Gwen Hardy, International LeatherSIR/Leatherboy Bootblack 2003, of Jacksonville, Florida;
- Paksen, International Mr Bootblack 2001, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and
- Tarna Scyanne, International Ms Bootblack 2012, of Toronto, Ontario.
A fifth member of the panel will be announced at a later date.
DNA contestants will be judged in four categories: Interview; Speech & Fetish Image; Fantasy Scene; and, Jock. The contestant interview portion will take place in private with the judges prior to the stage contest; all other categories will take place on stage during the contest. Unique to the DNA contests, contestants will be eligible to earn up to five (5) bonus points during contestant fetish demonstrations that will take place at a separate weekend event open to weekend package holders.
DNA contests will follow a regional structure, however, the inaugural contest weekend in February will feature ‘open contests’ that will allow all qualifying contestants from across North America to directly enter the contest without a pre-qualifying regional title. Contestant registration will open November 1, 2015. Application forms will be available on the DNA website.
Online weekend package registration for DNA weekend 2015 is now open. Weekend package holders will have exclusive use of the Flamingo gay resort guest rooms. Attendees must purchase their weekend package online prior to reserving a room; once registered, the website will generate a room reservation code to use to reserve Flamingo accommodations.