Roster of leather community leaders assume coordinator roles for DNA Weekend
(Nov 19, 2014) Pittsburgh, PA — Master Mike Zuhl of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Master Brandon Matheson of Toronto, Ontario, today officially announced and welcomed to the Drummer North America family the initial roster of coordinators for Drummer North America 2015.
“We are grateful to have stepping into DNA coordinator roles an impressive roster of leather community leaders. Four international titleholders, the owner of American Brotherhood Weekend, leather folk with decades of community and event experience, and recent titleholders who continue to build our community,” says Master Brandon Matheson.
“These talented people believe in our vision. When we see people of this caliber step forward to volunteer their time and energy to support DNA weekend, it tells me that we are on the right track with DNA,” says Master Mike Zuhl.
“There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer. The volunteers that have come forward to work with DNA do this for the love and support we have for each other and our community. Our volunteers will be the heroes of each and every DNA event,” says Master Mike Zuhl.
Previously announced on October 11 was that Rik Newton-Treadway, of Baltimore, Maryland, will serve as the Executive Producer. Tina Landi, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will serve as Assistant to the Executive Producer.
Overseeing key areas of the contest and weekend operations will be the following coordinators:
- Bootblack Coordinator: Henry James, International Community Bootblack 2006, of Oakland, California;
- Assistant Bootblack Coordinator: Nick Elliot, International Mr Bootblack 2012, of Portland, Oregon;
- Education Coordinator: Master Tony Palazzo, International LeatherSIR 2009, of Toronto, Ontario;
- Stage Manager: George Hester, of Jackson, Mississippi;
- Assistant Stage Manager: Dean Ogren, owner of American Brotherhood Weekend and American Leatherman 2000, of Chicago, Illinois;
- Judges Coordinator: Ty (Tank) Teachworth, American Leatherboy 2013, of Asbury Park, New Jersey;
- Contestant Coordinator: Sir Robert Bowden, Mid Atlantic LeatherSIR 2013, of Hackettstown, New Jersey;
- Den Daddy: David Allen, Mr Maryland Leather 1999, of Baltimore, Maryland; and
- Assistant Den Daddy: Rick Mansfield, International Leatherboy 2003, of Columbus, Ohio.
Additional coordinator positions will be announced during the weeks leading up to the contest.
The DNA 2015 contest weekend will be held February 12–16, 2015 at the Flamingo Resort in St Petersburg, Florida. Weekend package sales are now open.